Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Beep bop baloobap yes to Bibimbap

The Bibimbap Experience

Last Sunday was awesome, went out to meet friends who I haven't seen for a long time. It was a bit late, and we need to eat so we tried a Korean restaurant called Bulgogi Brothers. I know that Korean foods are usually spicy, and I kind of hate that. I don't like spicy foods. But in this case, I came to enjoy the food even if its slightly spicy.

Tried bibimbap for the first time. It was yummy, but really spicy.

Bibimbap. Freshly served. Haven't mixed it though

Bibimbap is basically a bowl of 'mixed rice'. Its a combination of white cooked rice topped with pre-cooked veggies and your choice of meat [seafood, beef or chicken... I chose beef because I have food allergies and I can't eat too much seafood]. The ingredients are mixed thoroughly before eating.

Mixed bibimbap! YAAAY!

What makes bibimbap and other Korean dishes popular is the chili paste they use in every dish. Aside from bibimbap, we also ordered Bulgogi [its a thinly sliced marinated grilled meat] which they will cook using a built-in induction cooker on the table.

Might try creating a version of bibimbap soon. I just hope its going to be as delicious as the first bibimbap that we ate.

How I see the bibimbap experience?
It was fun. Spicy. Yummy. A bit of pricey but its worth the experience I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment