Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What happened to my 'binalot'?

I am an avid fan of food.
Yes, I do eat a lot and I love trying out every food stuff that I have not heard of. It was fun at first, until I realize that it should come to a stop. Nonetheless, after joining the parade for the Sorteo Festival in Carmona, Cavite, we decided to stop by to have our breakfast [its 9:00 am] in a nearby 'binalot' eatery.

For those folks who doesn't know what binalot is, its cooked rice with various toppings on it wrapped in banana leaves. The picture below will somehow give you an idea of what it is. The binalot I had is my favorite 'chicken and pork adobo binalot'.

Wrapped in heated banana leaves, this chicken and pork binalot satisfied my craving.
And oh, the pastillas is awesome too!

How I see the 'chicken and pork' binalot?
It is still yummy, but it has lesser content than the same stuff I used to buy four years ago. The store makes use of chicken egg, and not duck eggs anymore. Up until now, I still wonder why salt is added under the first layer of banana leaves. Anything else, its still good.

What happened to my binalot? After a few minutes its just banana leaves [and the salt under it]

No comments:

Post a Comment